Admissions for the 2018-19 academic year (fourth edition) will open on April 2018
Students interested in enrolling on the METME must submit an application for admission to the master. The specifications for application, in particular the deadlines and documents required for submission, are published on the web of the Center for Posgraduate Studies:
The entry requirements for the METME are those established by the Royal Decree 1393/2007, which regulates official university postgraduate courses. In this way, applicants must hold one of these options:
- The equivalent to an Honours Bachelor's degree from a Spanish higher-education institution.
- The equivalent to an Honours Bachelor's degree from a higher-education institution within the European Higher Education Area, valid for admission at the master's level in the country issuing the degree.
- The equivalent to an Honours Bachelor's degree from a higher-education institution outside the European Higher Education Area. In this case, degree homologation will not be required, but the university will check that the background education of the student is equivalent to the required technical background knowledge of the official university degrees of the Spanish system. In addition, the degree has to be valid for admission at the master's level in the country issuing the degree.
The master is fully taught in English. For this reason, all candidates must be in command of the language skills equivalent to the B2 level in English.
All applications meeting the requirements will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee on the basis of the following admission criteria:
- Nature of degree held (between 0 and 3 points). Although preference will be given to applicants with a degree in Economics, Business Administration or Tourism, other degrees in the fields of Mathematics, Engineering or Environmental Science will be considered. Applicants will be evaluated according to the appropriateness of their previous education.
- Performance and average mark in the undergraduate degree (between 0 and 6 points).
- Professional experience in the fields of economics and/or tourism (between 0 and 1 point).
The Admissions Committee of the master will determine to what extent the background of the candidate corresponds to the profile of requirements and will submit an advisory form recommending admission/rejection to the directors of the master.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any doubt regarding your personal qualifications.